Marking the two-year anniversary of the Declaration of Astana, this event, hosted by WHO, UNICEF and the Ministry of Health of Kazakhstan, brings together national experiences from across the globe to launch the operational framework and discuss its relevance for strengthening PHC both in the COVID-19 pandemic context and as part of building better.
11:00 – 12:00 Ministerial Plenary Session (streamed in the six UN languages)
- Welcome & opening remarks - H.E. Alexey Tsoi, Minister of Healthcare of Kazakstan
- WHO Remarks - Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, WHO
- UNICEF Remarks - Dr Henrietta Fore, Executive Director
- Presentation of PHC Operational Framework - Dr Suraya Dalil, Director, Special Programme on PHC
- Ministerial Panel – moderator: Dr Hans Kluge, WHO Regional Director for Europe
- Featuring Ministers of Health
- Reflections on two years since the Declaration of Astana - Zsuzsanna Jakab, Deputy Director-General, WHO
Participants will be able to join one of five roundtable discussions focusing on ...