In discussion with Former President, H.E. Dr. Jakaya Kikwete, senior African officials, and other global health experts, this high-level webinar will focus on how the COVID-19 pandemic underscores a pressing need to implement UHC. Speakers will highlight how multi-sectoral collaboration is a pathway to achieving resilient, sustainable, and quality UHC in Africa by 2030.
At the event, Harvard Global Health Institute and The Access Challenge will launch the 2020 One by One UHC Report, “Africa Leads the Way: Harnessing Multi-sectoral Collaboration to Achieve UHC.”
This is a webinar for African leadership, communities, and global partners to discuss how cooperation through the COVID-19 response can build the necessary foundation for equitable and affordable health systems for all.
- H.E. Amira El Fadil, Commissioner of Social Affairs, African Union
- H.E. Dr. Jakaya M. Kikwete, former President, United Republic of Tanzania
- Dr. Matshidiso Rebecca Moeti Regional Director, Africa, World Health Organization
- Dr. Naveen Rao, Senior Vice President, Health Initiative, The Rockefeller Foundation
- Dr. Mary-Ann Etiebet, Lead and Executive Director, Merck for Mothers
- Rob Yates, Head of the Centre on Global Health Security, Chatham House
June 5th, 2020 • 16.00 hrs CEST • 10:00 -11:30 am EST • 5:00-6:30 PM EAT